Spinach and Tofu Dip with Crackers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12066 times
When you're having friends over for an early evening, serve them cream cracker biscuits with this light and healthy spinach and tofu dip. While tofu is full of benefits, if not easily available, you can use replace it with low fat paneer. Remember to make the low fat paneer from low fat milk.
- Heat the spinach in a non-stick pan and cook on a high flame for a minute to remove its moisture. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Combine the onions, spinach, tofu, lemon juice, oregano, remaining 1 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper and blend in a mixer to make a thick coarse paste.
- Keep refrigerated for atleast an hour.
- Place the cream cracker biscuits in a serving plate, top each biscuit with 1 tablespoon of the dip and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per piece
| 34 cal|| 0.9 gm|| 5.1 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 10.3 mg|| 14.0 mcg|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.