Spinach and Paneer Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 402 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43545 times
With the refreshing green hue of spinach, these paneer and spinach parathas look and taste good! While spinach adds its goodness to the dough, a successful duo of cauliflower and paneer perked up with coriander, green chillies and ginger work their magic in the filling!
- Combine the spinach, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, whole wheat flour, salt, ghee and the prepared spinach purée in a bowl and knead well to make a semi-soft dough using a little water.
- Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough and the stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds and pickle of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.