Spinach and Mint Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10825 times
Soup, with a lovely taste and consistency. This soup is brimful of the goodness of spinach and spring onion greens, not to forget a dash of coriander and mint. The nutmeg and black pepper not only spike up the flavour, they also bring in their healing properties—making this a true herbal delight.
- Combine the spinach, mint leaves, coriander, spring onion greens and 4 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Refresh using cold water, drain completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth thick purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach purée, 2 cups of water, nutmeg powder, pepper powder, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.