Spinach and Lentil Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21535 times
As we know Lebanese food is very much healthy and nutritious, this is one such light on the stomach soup from their cuisine. With no calories but only goodness of red lentils and spinach the soup is a dieter's delight.
- Soak the masoor dal for about 3 hours. Wash, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn golden brown
- Add the masoor dal, cumin seeds powder, salt, sugar and vegetable stock and cook it till the dal is tender.
- Add the spinach, coriander, lemon rind and lemon juice and mix well.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.