Spinach and Chana Kebab ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 156 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50090 times
Even health enthusiasts will queue up for a second helping of this kebab that is made of chana dal, spinach, methi leaves and aromatic spices. Proper cooking techniques such as shallow-frying with minimal oil and a thoughtful combination of ingredients qualifies this North Indian starter for a health book!
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the spinach purée and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, for 1 to 2 minutes or till the water evaporates.
- Add all the remaining ingredients along with the chana dal mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture becomes very dry.
- Cool slightly and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 67 mm. (2½”) thin flat round kebab.
- Heat a non- stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil and cook each kebab on a slow flame, using ? tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with garlic chutney.
|Energy|| 82 calories|
|Protein|| 4.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 10.7 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.9 gm|
|Folic acid|| 85.4 mg|
|Iron|| 1.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.