Spinach and Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12649 times
Spinach and carrot soup, a palak delicacy enriched with wheat germ to make up for the necessary vitamin a and e for healthy vision and glowing skin.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, salt, pepper and wheat germ, mix well and cook on a medium flame another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- When cool, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil.
- Serve hot with bread sticks or croutons.
- Wheat germ is readily available at super markets, provision stores and also at chemist shops.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Fat||Vitamin A||Vitamin E|
| 143 kcal|| 6.2 gm|| 11.4 gm.|| 4.5 gm.|| 1515.9 mcg|| 1.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.