Spinach and Carrot Rice ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 350 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36835 times
A flavourful rice dish with vitamin A rich carrots, iron and folic acid loaded spinach, and mild spices, this is ideal for packing in a lunch box. Butter adds to the goodness of this easy-to-make Spinach and Carrot Rice. Moms can be happy about packing a nutritious dish that will help in their kids’ growth and development, while also pleasing their palates.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Iron||Folic acid|
| 131 calories|| 2.5 gm|| 24.6 gm|| 2.5 gm|| 1244.5 mcg|| 0.6 mg|| 25.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.