Spinach Tahini Wraps ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15571 times
Build your iron stores with these spinach, lettuce and sesame seed wraps and ensure your baby's blood cells and hemoglobin are developing the way they should. Simple to make, the wraps combine flavour and taste in one healthy package.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead to a soft dough adding enough water. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter roti.
- Cook each roti lightly on both sides on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables, green chillies, coriander and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roast the sesame seeds and chana dal separately on a tava (griddle). Grind them together in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Remove the powder in a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated for atleast an hour.
- Place one roti on a clean dry surface.
- Put an even layer of lettuce on it.
- Spread a thin layer of the spicy tahini paste on the lettuce and then a portion of the filling.
- Spread a little chilli-garlic paste on top of the filling and roll up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more wraps. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per wrap
| 273 cal|| 9.2 gm|| 37.8 gm|| 9.3 gm|| 3.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.