Spinach Stuffed Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 402 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41862 times
Succulent whole wheat parathas packed with the goodness of spinach! Crumbled low-fat paneer helps hold the spinach together in the filling, while onions and green chillies lend it an exciting flavour. You are sure to love not just the taste but also the texture of these delicious Spinach Stuffed Parathas, which are fortunately cooked with minimal oil to keep the calorie count quite low.
- For the dough, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll 1 portion into 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a greased hot non-stick tava (griddle) and place 1 portion of the stuffing on one half of the roti.
- Fold the other half of the roti over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Cook the paratha using oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with low-fat curds.
- Health Information :
- Whole grain flour contains more vitamins, minerals and fibre as compared to highly refined flour.
- From where most of the vitamins and minerals are destroyed during processing.
- When parathas or chapatis are combined with a small amount of pulses and beans.
- Or with a dairy product like curds, the amino acids in these complement each other to give a higher quality of protein.
Nutrient values Per Paratha :
| 120 kcal|| 5.4 gm|| 17.6 gm|| 3.0 gm|| 1.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.