by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 260 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24640 times
You will thoroughly enjoy this nutrient-dense, easy-to-prepare spinach soup. Blendarising it with low fat milk gives it a lovely emerald green colour, which together with the aroma of sautéed onions and garlic, makes this soup irresistible! i would especially recommend this to all my weight-conscious readers. I have not strained this soup in order to retain the fiber of the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to boil, stirring once in between. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer back to the same pan, add the milk and pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Fat||Fibre||Vitamin A||Calcium||Folic acid|
| 59 calories|| 3.8 gm|| 7.1 gm|| 1.7 gm|| 0.4 gm|| 3044.6 mcg|| 157.5 mg|| 63.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.