Spinach Pasta Puree ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23444 times
Now that your baby is above the age of 6 months, try this whole wheat pasta purée. The addition of spinach provides iron and folic acid. Paneer makes it all the more delicious and also provides calcium for the healthy growth of your baby's bones. This purée is a good source of vitamin a that is necessary for healthy skin and good vision and folic acid necessary for normal growth and development of your little one. If you find that your baby does not like the taste of pepper, avoid adding it to her meals.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan and add the pasta.
- Allow it to cook completely. Drain out all the water and keep the pasta aside.
- Cook the spinach in approx ½ cup of water and allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, paneer, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and cool slightly.
- Liquidise this mixture in a blender to make a smooth purée. Serve lukewarm.
- Once your baby is older, you can serve this dish without puréeing it.
Nutrient values for 1/2 cup
| 52 gm|| 68 kcal|| 3.0 gm|| 7.7 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 1933.8 mcg|| 9.8 mg|| 74.3 mg|| 0.7 mg|| 43.2 mcg|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.