Spinach Pancakes In White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9574 times
Pancakes baked with white sauce and cheese.
- Mix the flour, butter and salt. Add cold water and make a soft dough.
- Chop the spinach very finely. Add 1/2 teacup of water and a pinch of soda bi-carb and cook.
- When cooked, drain and blend in a liquidiser.
- Add 2 tablespoons of white sauce and salt and pepper to the spinach.
- Boil plenty of water. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the boiling water.
- Roll out the dough into small thin rounds. Drop the rounds, one at a time in the boiling water.
- Cook for 1/2 minute, take out, fill with a little spinach mixture and roll up.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the rounds on it.
- Add salt, pepper and half of the cheese to the balance white sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the rounds. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Serve hot.
- You can cook the dough rounds lightly on a tawa (griddle) instead of cooking them in boiling water.
- Dip the rounds in water before filling with the stuffing.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.