by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14356 times
Spinach lasagne is an absolute hit with everyone who eats it. Spinach and cottage cheese layered pasta, topped with a rich cheese sauce is simply delicious. You can buy ready-made dry pasta sheets available at provision stores to assemble this recipe quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead a firm dough, using a little water if required.
- Rest the dough under a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Cook each sheet of lasagne for 2 minutes in a pan of boiling water to which 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of oil has been added.
- Drain and transfer the lasagne sheets into a bowl of cold water. Drain again and keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water. Refresh in ice-cold water and drain out all the water.
- Chop the blanched spinach finely and mix with the cottage cheese, green chillies, nutmeg powder, cream and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring the sauce to a boil. Cool completely.
- Heat the butter, add the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring continuously so that no lumps form. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Remove from the fire.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter baking dish.
- Place one sheet of lasagne in the baking dish.
- Top with ½ of the spinach stuffing.
- Top with ½ of the tomato sauce and then cover with second sheet of lasagne.
- Top with the remaining spinach stuffing, tomato sauce and cover with the third sheet of lasagne.
- Top with the white sauce and cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.