Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20189 times
This amazing preparation will be quite unlike anything you have tasted so far! A gravy of curds flavoured with a semi-spicy paste plays a host to delicious yet nutritious spinach dumplings. A wonderful accompaniment to roti, khichdi and rice, the Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry is a novel dish that must be tried to be believed.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into round balls.
- Steam the dumplings in a steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, turmeric powder, prepared paste, salt and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Just before serving, add the spinach dumplings to the curd curry, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
| 102 kcal|| 5.3 gm|| 12.5 gm|| 3.5 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 114.0 mg|| 59.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.