Spicy Vegetarian Pizza
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78054 times
An amazing and delectable spicy vegetarian pizza recipe is a favorite snack among children and adults alike. Transform a basic maida based pizza base into a healthy snack recipe by topping the pizza bases with a spice laden vegetable mixture and grated cheese. Top the pizza with any mix of vegetables in a tasty sauce to create your own pizza recipe. Baking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Add your private note
Spicy Vegetarian Pizza recipe - How to make Spicy Vegetarian Pizza
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 hoursMakes 2 servings
- Mix together the flour, salt, yeast and sift into a mixing bowl.
- Using your hand, make a well in the center,add the olive oil and the warm water, gradually incorporating the flour until a sticky dough has formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead well until it becomes smooth and all traces of stickness are gone.
- To prevent skin forming on the dough whilst it is rising, smear a little oil on palms of your had and lightly rub the surface.
- Return the dough to a clean mixing bowl and leave somrewhere warm for about an hour or until it has doudbled in size.
- When ready turn the dough onto a floured surface and briefly press it with your hands to remove the air.
- The dough is now ready for rolling out to make a perfect pizza base.
- Roll out the plain dough to form a cirlce about 25 cm in diameter.
- Place the dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Allow to stand in a warm place while preparing the topping.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and chillies for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the tomato and tabasco sauce and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 mnts.
- Meanwhile, slice 1 or 2 rings from the pepper and set aside. Chop the reminaing peppers.
- Heat the remaining oil in frying pan and fry the chopped peppers for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Spread the tomato suace over the rolled pizza base and cover with sauted peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix together the marjoram and cheeses and sprinkly over the pizza.
- Top with reserved pepper rings and brush the rings with a little extra oil
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degree celcius for 25-30 minutes or until the base is cooked and golden.
This recipe was contributed by falkap on 14 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.