Spicy Vegetable Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22779 times
The Italians make risotto with a special variety of rice that is called arborio. I have used bulgur wheat as a substitute for rice in this recipe to enrich this delicacy with fibre to help control blood sugar levels after a hearty and satisfying meal. The colourful veggies in this dish makes them extremely appealing and also irresistible due to their aromatic flavours while being cooked. This risotto is a storehouse of nutrients like protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium as well as fibre. Cook this dish as close to the serving time as possible, as it is best when freshly prepared.
- Clean, wash and soak the bulgur wheat. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion pieces till they are translucent.
- Add the capsicum, mushroom, brinjal, zucchini, peas, carrots and chilli-garlic paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bulgur wheat, water and salt and cook till all the water is absorbed.
- Add the milk, cheese and dried herbs and allow to simmer for some more time.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|124 gm||205 kcal||7.6 gm||38.1 gm||2.6 gm||174.8 mcg||27.0 mg||119.5 mg||2.6 mg||10.2 mcg||1.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.