Spicy Tava Idli Or How To Make Spicy Tava Idli Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33049 times
Watch your leftover idlis transform into a scrumptious delight as you toss them with crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes and peppy spice powders. The master stroke in this Spicy Tava Idli recipe is the use of pav bhaji masala, a very popular flavour that is loved by young and old alike! Try to serve this as soon as possible, while the flavours and textures are in tact.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick; add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes,or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the idlis, toss lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.