Spicy Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1031 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26169 times
This spicy rice delicacy is a perfect main dish for the time when you have lots of other last minute preparations. All you have to do is to temper the rice and sprouts and let it pressure cook while you complete other chores. Sprouts are easier to digest and abound in protein, calcium, iron as well as vitamin C. Serve with a chilled low fat raita.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the bay leaf, clove, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onion and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the rice and sprouts and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder and salt with 2½ cups of hot water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
|Amt||Energy||Protein||Cho||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F. Acid||Fibre|
|79 gm||216 kcal||6.4 gm||43.1 gm||2.0 gm||132.5 mcg||4.5 mg||45.3 mg||1.4 mg||16.9 mcg||0.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.