Spicy Potato and Roti Roll
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55361 times
Let’s take the best of all our favourite recipes like katti rolls, burgers and frankies, and make our own delightful creation now!
Everything about this recipe is perfect, right from the crispness and perky flavour of the potato rolls, to the soft and pliable rotis. A combination of refined and whole wheat flours are used to give the rotis their special texture, while a mix of mashed potatoes, green peas and cheese together with a blend of spices gives the potato rolls their dashing flavour.
Sprinkling some tangy masala water on the rotis before rolling them improves the flavour and also retains their moistness, while an onion masala mixture adds to the crunch.
Enjoy the Spicy Potato and Roti Roll fresh, to relish the best texture and check out for more Wraps / Rolls recipes that you can snack on or enjoy as a One Meal Dinner .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead it into a soft dough using enough water. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little oil.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make 8 more rotis.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and shape each roll into a cylindrical shape.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few rolls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, spread ½ tbsp of the masala water evenly over it.
- Put ½ tbsp of the prepared onion masala mixture evenly over it.
- Place the fried potato roll over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 8 more rolls.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.