Spicy Potato & Roti Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1062 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35533 times
A healthier version of the frankie, it's a children's favourite.
- Soak the bread slices in water for a few minutes. Squeeze out the water and crumble thoroughly.
- Sieve the flours.
- Add the crumbled bread, salt and ghee to make a dough by adding water.
- Roll out into thin rotis and cook each roti on a tava on both sides for a few seconds.
- Mix the potatoes, green peas, grated cheese, green chillies, garam masala, lemon juice, and salt and shape into long rolls of the size of the puris.
- Make a batter by mixing the flour, water and salt.
- Dip the rolls in this batter, roll into bread crumbs and fry on a tava with a little oil
- Apply a little masala water, sprinkle a little onion masala mixture and chillies in vinegar on each roti.
- Put a potato roll in the centre, fold and cook each roti on both sides for a few minutes using a little ghee.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.