Spicy Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 522 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89302 times
A tomato based curry jazzed up with a spicy masala paste becomes home to mouth-watering koftas, in this spicy kofta curry. It goes very well with rice as well as parathas , and transforms even a simple main course into a grand fare.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, drop spoonfuls of the batter into it and deep-fry a few at a time until it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more koftas.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick kadhai and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove from the flame and allow it cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp.
- Strain the pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the masala paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, sugar and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the koftas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with parathas and steamed rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||645.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||42.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.