Spicy Jackfruit Curry
This recipe has been viewed 26206 times
Mouthwatering jackfruit curry ,this is a recipe with the flavors of tamarind, lentils, groundnuts and spices.
Have it once you will surely cave for more.
Add your private note
Spicy Jackfruit Curry recipe - How to make Spicy Jackfruit Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 3 serving
- Peel and cut the jackfruit into small cubes by rubbing oil in your hands.
- Now add turmeric in water and boil the jackfruit for around fifteen minutes till it is tender.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the green chillies, chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, whole red chilies, crushed garlic , ground nuts and curry leaves.
- Once they start spluttering, add tamarind paste,coconut milk and water
- Now add the boiled jackfruit and mix well till the gravy is thick .
- Serve hot with steamed rice garnished with coriander and tomatoes.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#481977 on 13 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.