by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 150 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63898 times
This Spicy Chole draws from the goodness of all the aromatic spices in your masala dabba. It is so sumptuous and rich, you will not even realize that it has no onions or potatoes in it! While bottle gourd contributes to the consistency of this special chole preparation, an intense powder of varied spices adds to its flavour. The pomegranate seeds, especially, contributes an appreciable tang and taste to the powder. Serve the Spicy Chole steaming hot with rice or rotis of your choice.
- Combine the kabuli chana, bottle gourd and 1¼ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the cumin seeds and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared powder, chilli powder, dried ginger powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes and cooked kabuli channa and bottle gourd mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||405.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||88.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.