Spicy Chapati Cooked in Buttermilk
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 183 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31610 times
A traditional tempering and fresh buttermilk transform leftover chapatis into a healthy and tasty snack – that you can have for breakfast or any time you are hungry! You can boost the nutrition quotient of the calcium and protein loaded Spicy Chapati Cooked in Buttermilk by adding a cup of vitamin-rich veggies at step 3.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and the chapati pieces and sauté on a slow flame for ½ minute.
- Add the buttermilk, turmeric powder, chilli powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and bring to boil on a slow flame, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
- To make 2 cups of low-fat buttermilk, whisk together ¾ cup fresh low-fat curds,with 1¼ cups of water.
- Bring the buttermilk mixture to boil on a slow flame is necessary to avoid it from curdling.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 175 calories|
|Protein|| 5.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 30.6 gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 gm|
|Calcium|| 63.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.