Speckled Bubble Bars ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 105 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11721 times
This is another way of introducing your baby to new textures. She may need more variety than carrot strips, crumbly cookies and bread sticks. The jaggery will keep her energy levels up and also add iron to her diet. The sesame seeds contribute calcium and iron too, while making the process of teething easier.
- Melt the jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan over a slow flame until it caramelises.
- Remove from the fire and add in the rest of the ingredients except the oil. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased marble or stone surface.
- Using a large greased rolling pin, roll out the praline into a 150 mm. X 112 mm. (6" x 4 1/2") sheet of 12 mm. (½") thickness. (remember to grease your hands too while rolling this mixture).
- Cut into 75 mm. X 37 mm. (3" x 1 1/2") bars.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- You will know the jaggery is caramelised correctly by pouring a drop into a glass of cold water.
- If it hardens, it is ready. If not, simmer it for a few more minutes. The jaggery should caramelise evenly without burning.
Nutrient values per bar
|Amt|| 7 gm|
|Energy|| 34 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Cho|| 4.5 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Vit-A|| 5.3 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 0.0 mg|
|Calcium|| 39.1 mg|
|Iron|| 0.4 mg|
|F.Acid|| 0.0 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.