Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14021 times
Dal fry is dal simmered in a nice tadka which makes the dal tasty. This dal is best served with jeera rice.
- Clean, wash, soak the dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain, add 2 cups of water, turmeric and salt and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mash the dal with the spoon or with a hand blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, onions, tomatoes and grated ginger and saute till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the dry mango powder, salt and chilli powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the dal mixture and little water if required and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Megzz on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.