Soya Upma ( Healthy Breakfast)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 353 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37477 times
Like idlis and parathas, upma is also a popular breakfast option in indian cuisine. You are sure to have tried various upmas, made of semolina, broken wheat, etc. Now, it’s time to try this super healthy version made with soya granules. Soya upma boosts your energy and gives you all the iron and protein you need to whizz through your day!
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approx. 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside. Discard the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the urad dal and sauté till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the asafoetida, ginger, green chillies and onions.
- Sauté the onions till they are translucent. Add the carrots and cabbage and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soya granules and mix well.
- Season with salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Carbohydrate|| 8.2 gm.|
|Energy|| 96 cal.|
|Fat|| 4.5 mg.|
|Iron|| 1.5 mg.|
|Protein|| 5.5 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.