5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36789 times
An interesting variant of the ever-popular Maharashtrian snack, here the poha is prepared with nutritious soya granules. While the Soya Poha tastes very similar to regular poha with the crunch of onions and the tang of lemon, it gives you the added benefits of isoflavones, and also helps keep diabetes under check.
The nutritional profile of soya is so good that this tasty snack will also help you avoid other diabetes-related complications and maintain general well-being.
- Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and squeeze well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, green peas, green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 94 kcal|
|Protein|| 9.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.1 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.2 gm|
|Calcium|| 68.2 mg|
|Iron|| 3.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.