Soya Mutter ki Subzi ( Roz ka Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1914 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82219 times
Chunky, mealy soya nuggets and juicy green peas simmered in a tangy curd-based gravy, the Soya Mutter ki Subzi is an exciting way to add soya to your meal.
While the curds-besan mixture gives the dish a kadhi like flavour, the addition of onions, tomatoes and spice powders makes this semi-dry subzi all the more exciting.
Try it once, and you will be happy to see this flavourful soya based subzi preparation rise to the top of the popularity chart at home.
- Combine the soya chunks, salt and 1 cup of hot water in a bowl and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes. Discard the drained water and keep the squeezed soya chunks aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, milk and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well till no lumps remain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame, add the curds-beasn mixture and ½ cup water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the soya chunks, green peas, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately.
- Once the soya chunks have been soaked, drained and squeezed thoroughly at step 1, use them immediately to make this subzi, else the soya chunks might break if kept for too long.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.