Soya Mutter Pulao ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 401 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87906 times
Pulaos are always a welcome addition to any meal. A pulao can often make a complete meal by itself. The soya chunks added to this aromatic pulao are easily available in the market and are a rich source of protein and vitamin b12 - a vitamin which is otherwise lacking in vegetarian diets.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soya nuggets and salt with 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, tomatoes, rice, green peas, cooked soya nuggets and salt and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amount|| 152 gm|
|Energy|| 170 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 32.4 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Vit. A|| 80.6 mcg|
|Vit. C|| 6.3 mg|
|Calcium|| 37.3 mg|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 10.9 mg|
|Sodium|| 3.1 mg|
|Potassium|| 45.1 mg|
|Zinc|| 0.8 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.9 gm|
|Oxalate|| 1.7 mg|
|Chromium|| 0.0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.