Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15468 times
While soya curds is not normally available in the market, you can make it at home quite easily. Chock-full of nutrients, it can replace low fat curds in daily cooking such as in Nachni Khichu and Buckwheat Dhoklas
- Warm the soya milk.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside till the curds set (approx. 5 to 6 hours). In the winter, place inside a cupboard or closed oven to set.
- Soya curds are rich in nutrients like protein, calcium and iron and also contain certain antioxidant compounds that help lower blood cholesterol.
- Soya curds has a very distinct and unusual flavour, but does not really affect the taste of a dish when used in a recipe.
- More nutritious and heart-friendly, soya curds can replace curds in any recipe.
Nutrient values per cup
|0.1 mg.||5.7 gm.||0 gm.||68 kcal.||3.7 gm.||3.8 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.