South Indian Sizzler
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 264 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14744 times
This sizzler is south india’s tryst with oriental cuisine. A combination of leftover idlis and masala dosa is sautéed together with capsicum, madras onions, spring onions and such, and topped with lemon juice, salt and pepper to make a mouth-watering south indian sizzler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan. Add the idli strips and saute for some time. Transfer them onto a plate and keep aside.
- In the same, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and saute the madras onions till they are translucent. Add salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a sizzler plate and melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter on it.
- Add the capsicum and spring onion and stir fry for some time.
- Then add the madras onions, idli strips, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the masala dosa into two and place each part on either side of the sizzler plate.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.