Sooji Ka Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 353 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48742 times
A creamy halwa that's has a special touch.
- Put the milk, sugar and 1 1/2 teacups of water in a large glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 1/2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in another glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for about 15 seconds.
- Add the semolina, mix well and microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes, stirring in-between after every 1 minute or until the semolina is light pink in colour.
- Add the parboiled sweetened milk mixture and banana and mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring in-between after every 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on top.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.