by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 19474 times
Sol kadhi can be consumed as an appetizer just before meals, during meals with rice, or even as a digestive after meals. It is made from kokums and coconut milk and very popular in coastal regions of Maharashtra and Goa. 'Sol' is also known as kokum in marathi.
Add your private note
Sol Kadhi recipe - How to make Sol Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 2 to 3 serving
- Soak Kokums in 1 cup water for overnight or 5-6 hours
- After soaking squeeze the kokums in water
- Strain the water and throw away the kokums
- Make coarse crush of coriander, green chilly and garlic by adding a pinch of salt to it
- Roast cumin seeds for few seconds and crush it coarsely
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk and kokum water
- Add crushed masala and cumin seeds
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a pan,add cumin seeds and crushed curry leaves
- Turn off the flame and Pour the tempering on Sol kadhi
- Solkadhi can be served cold or luke-warm.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 03 May 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.