Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24991 times
This halwa will keep for months if packed in airtight
- Blanch almonds and pistachios in two cups of hot water for five minutes. drain, peel and slice finely.
- Mix colouring with lemon juice and keep aside.
- Dissolve sugar in two cups of water and let it boil for five minutes. add milk and leave to boil for another five minutes.remove from heat and strain through a muslin cloth.
- Dissolve cornstarch in two cups of water and add to the syrup.
- Cook on medium heat and when it starts turning into a lump, add the colouring prevoiusly soaked in lemon juice.
- Stir continuously, adding a little ghee every time the mixture starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms into one whole lump, add cardamom powder and finely sliced almonds and pistachios, keeping aside a few nuts for garnishing.
- Put the halwa on a greased thali and even it out, then decorate it with the remaining almonds and pistachios.
- When cooled, cut into desired shape and size.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.