Small Chocolate Cakes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10209 times
A light chocolate sponge filled with delicious cream for normal entertaining.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Beat the eggs.
- Cream the margarine and sugar very well. When the mixture slight and creamy, add a little beaten egg and go on beating. If the mixture curdles while adding the eggs, add a little flour before adding th egg.
- Finally fold in the flour and a little water to get dropping consistency.
- Add the lemon essence and mix well.
- Fill tiny paper cups upto three-quarter height with the mixture and bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Cool the cakes.
- Scoop out a little centre portion from each cake.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- Fill the centres of the cake with this filling. Put glace cherries in the centre and serve.
- VARIATION : SMALL CHOCOLATE CAKES (EGGLESS)
- Proceed as above using ingredients for eggless chocolate sponge cake and 1/2 teaspoon lemon essence instead of the above mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.