Singhada Sheera, Farali Singhara Halwa, Vrat Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29239 times
Who can resist a ladleful of sheera, even on a fasting day! Well, why not. Here is a lip-smacking Singhada Sheera that is perfectly acceptable on fasting days as well.
Roasting the water chestnut flour sufficiently, till it turns golden in colour, is very essential to bring out a rich aroma and do away with the raw smell of the flour. The use of ghee and the addition of cardamom powder give the sheera a very rich aroma, typical of most Indian sweets. Garnish generously with nuts, to add to the sumptuousness of this delightful dessert.
Some more dessert recipes to enjoy on fasting days -Paneer Kheer , Shakarkand Ka Halwa , Piyush .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the waterchestnut flour and cook on a slow flame for 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 cups of warm water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 4 minutes or till all the water has been absorbed, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.