Singapore Rice Noodles ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15599 times
No chinese menu can ever be complete without noodles. Perhaps it wouldn’t wrong to say that noodles are to chinese cuisine what pasta is to an italian meal! i suggest you use rice noodles instead of refined flour (maida) ones which lack fibre and other nutrients. However, to enhance the health quotient of rice noodles i have added veggies like capsicum, spring onions, bean sprouts and carrots. Remember that they are, after all, rice noodles – so relish this as an occasional treat in small portions.
- Combine the rice noodles, bean sprouts, spring onion greens, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of sesame oil and salt in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the spring onion whites and garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots, french beans, red cabbage, capsicum and salt and sauté over a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously till the vegetables soften. Sprinkle some water if required.
- Add the prepared rice noodles mixture and toss gently and cook over a high flame for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
|Energy|| 104 calories|
|Protein|| 3.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 14.7 gm|
|Fat|| 3.1 gm|
|Calcium|| 29.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.