Singapore Noodles ( Microwave Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39259 times
Rice noodles and vegetables flavoured with curry powder and soya sauce make this oriental dish irresistible. Rice noodles are very delicate and require practically no cooking. All you need to do is dunk them in hot water for a few minutes and then drain out the water and use them.
- Microwave 2 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl, along with the turmeric powder on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and keep aside for 10 minutes till they are soft. Drain out all the excess water.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine the oil, onions, garlic, ginger and celery and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and capsicum and microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- Add the noodles, bean sprouts, curry powder, turmeric powder, soya sauce, sugar and salt and pepper and mix well. Microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped spring onion greens.
- To make an easy substitute for curry powder, combine 1 teaspoon of dhania-jeera powder with a pinch of sambar powder and add it to this recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.