Sinful Lemon Cheesecake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 460 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35129 times
Cheesecakes have an exotic feel, and yet they are so easy and quick to prepare, as you can see from the example of this Sinful Lemon Cheesecake! This no-fuss recipe starts with readily-available digestive biscuits as the base. Within minutes, the nice crumbly biscuit base transforms into a dessert beyond comparison, once it is filled with rich cream cheese and topped with a zesty lemon sauce, which gives it an attractive glaze finish!
- Keep 2 tbsp of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a deep non-stick pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a strainer or muslin cloth and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer and remaining 2 tbsp of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush into a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder into a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the butter and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon yellow food colour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the set biscuit base and refrigerate for 5 hours or till firm.
- Pour the lemon sauce evenly over it, de-mould the pie, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per wedge
|Energy|| 477 kcal|
|Fat|| 26.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.