by Tarla Dalal
Added to 344 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 147135 times
Sindhi cuisine is very nutritious with a predominant use of vegetables in each and every dish. Sindhi kadhi is one such example where all the vegetables are used beautifully to complement each other in taste, colour and texture.
- Boil the gavarfali, potato and carrots in 2 cups of water till they are tender. Keep aside, retaining the water.
- Heat the oil in another pan and add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. When they crackle add the asafoetida.
- Add the Bengal gram flour and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes over a medium flame till it is golden brown.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp and all the cooked vegetables and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer till the bhindi is cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.