Simple cake without eggs and butter.
by Anupama Murali
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69314 times
U can add any kind of a fruit sauce instead of the egg.
this is a low calorie dessert.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3 tsp vanilla essence
apple sauce equivalent to 1 egg. i.e 1/3 cup
few nuts and raisins for toppings.
- 1. preheat oven at 350 degree fahrenheit.
- 2. mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder together.
- 3. add milk, vanilla essence and apple sauce to the above mixture and whisk for about 10 mins.
- 4. grease a 9 x 9 inch pan and sprinkle some broken nuts and raisins.
- 5. pour the mixture and bake in the oven for 45 mins or till it is done.
- Just insert a toothpick or knife in the middle of the cake, and if it comes out clean, then it means the cake is done.
- Let it cool for few mins and turn in upside down on a serving plate. and serve....
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.