Shrikhand, Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 484 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 153520 times
A dessert which transforms ordinary curds into a delicacy.
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approximately 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.
- Rub the saffron into the warm milk until it dissolves.
- Mix together the hung curds, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom in a bowl and churn using a hand blender.
- Serve garnished with slivers of pistachicos and almonds.
- VARIATION : STRAWBERRY SHRIKHAND
- Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries instead of the saffron and cardamom powder at step 3.
- Adjust the sugar accroding to the sweetness of the strawberries.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.