Shepu Sweet Idlis ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17418 times
An innovative variant of the traditional steamed idlis, these are sweetened with jaggery! it should ideally be served hot with ghee poured on top of the idlis.
- Combine the rice and coconut together and blend in a mixer to a thick smooth batter, adding a little water if required. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice flakes and buttermilk in another bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the jaggery to the rice flakes and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Combine the rice batter, rice flake paste, dill leaves and salt together in a bowl and mix well. (check the consistency and add a little water only if required so as to get a thick batter).
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle a little water over it. When the fruit salt starts bubbling, mix gently.
- Spoon out the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.