Shahi Pulao ( Saatvik Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 390 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59348 times
A moghlai version of delicately spiced rice.
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cashewnuts. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry the raisins in the same ghee. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the shah-jira, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and green chillies to the ghee and fry again.
- Add the rice, paneer, green peas, fruit pieces and salt and mix well.
- Warm the saffron a little, rub in a little warm water and add to the rice.
- Decorate with the fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve hot with curds or curry.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.