Shahi Paneer, Shahi Paneer Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 364 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22093 times
The very word shahi connotes richness – and you will not be disappointed because that is just what this recipe is! Loaded with cashew nuts, poppy seeds, ghee and cream, the shahi gravy has a very luscious mouth-feel that is complemented beautifully by its intense flavour, contributed by ingredients like tomato pulp and spice powders.
Sautéed paneer is just the right match for this rich and luscious gravy, as the succulence of the paneer enriches the gravy further. Indeed, the Shahi Paneer is sure to pamper your palate.
It is essential to serve this dish immediately after preparation as the sautéed paneer gets chewy after a while. However, if you are serving it later, then sauté the paneer just in time, add it to the gravy and serve immediately.
You can also try other luxuriant shahi recipes like the Shahi Pulao and Shahi Dal .
- Combine the paneer, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer mixture and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the poppy seeds, cashewnuts and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, bayleaves and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the chilli powder and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, gram masala, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, sautéed paneer and fresh cream in the prepared shahi gravy, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||517.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.