Shahi Baked Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 364 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19951 times
The addition of fresh cream and cashewnuts adds a rich texture. A popular Moghlai dish.
- Put the poppy seeds and cashewnuts in the milk and allow to soak for 30 minutes. Then, grind to a paste with the ginger and garlic.
- Cut three quarters of the paneer into small cubes. Crumble the remaining paneer.
- Deep fry the paneer cubes in ghee or oil until golden.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove and blend into a puree.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onions until light pink.
- Add the cinnamon, bay leaves and cloves and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chilli powder and 1 1/2 cups of water and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the curds, garam masala, cumin seed powder, coriander powder and the paste.
- Add the green peas and fried paneer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the crumbled paneer, fresh cream, sugar and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Dot with the cream and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.