by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 171 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53697 times
Bored of making upma with semolina all the time? Here is how to make upma with vermicelli. Kids and adults alike love the silky texture and noodle-like appearance of vermicelli, so the Sevaiyan Upma is sure to be an instant hit with the whole family. What is more, this snack is also easy to prepare and so a good choice when you need to prepare a meal within minutes after a long day of work!
- Combine the vermicelli, ½ tsp of oil, salt and 2 cups of hot water in a bowl and mix well. Cover and keep aside for about 8 to 10 minutes or till the vermicelli turns soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli, coriander, lemon juice and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.