Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45667 times
These soft and spongy dosas go wonderfully with any of the other dishes or a curry.
- Wash and soak the ukdya bhaat, raw rice and urad dal together for 4 hours.
- Drain and grind to a smooth paste adding enough water to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 10 to 12 hours.
- Then add the baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Grease and heat a small non-stick pan on a medium flame and pour a ladle full of the batter on it.
- Spread the batter to get a 5 mm thick dosa.
- Cover and cook till one side is golden brown.
- Serve hot with red garlic chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.