Sesame Soya Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36804 times
A power-packed snack of soya granules combined with assorted veggies ranging from potatoes and carrots to green peas, the Sesame Soya Tikki has a delectable flavour and crunch that can pick you up even on the gloomiest of days! Roasted and crushed peanuts together with sesame seeds gives the tikkis a remarkable texture, flavour and aroma, which make it truly irresistible. Serve these tava cooked tikkis with your favourite sauce and green chutney.
- Combine the soya granules and ½ cup of warm water in a bowl and cover and keep aside for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the excess water and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat round tikki.
- Roll each tikki in sesame seeds till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook 4 tikkis at a time, on a medium flame, using little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to cook 4 more tikkis in one more batch.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.